installing much desktops

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Tue May 3 12:29:01 UTC 2016

Well, this isn't true. Vinux has been recommending upgrading packages
since Vinux 4, and there were very good and sound reasons to be cautious
upgrading packages in Vinux 3 and earlier, such as breaking the
accessibility stack.

I'm not going to try to convince anyone to use Vinux, and I'm not going
to change any opinions based on ignorance and closed mindedness, but I
would caution everyone else not to draw your conclusions based on
messages like this to the list that are based on dated knowledge and
prejudiced opinions. I'd encourage anyone to do their own research and
draw their own conclusions. In the case of Vinux, join the Vinux support
list and check out the Vinux wiki. This isn't true just for Vinux. I'd
give this same advice when talking about Sonar, Android or any other
product where opinions are so easy to come by.

On 03/05/16 07:15, mattias wrote:
> vinux are crap anyway
> because the vinux team dont recomend upgrading packages
>
> Den 2016-05-03 kl. 13:59, skrev Christopher Chaltain:
>> Vinux is based on Ubuntu which is a Debian distribution. There is most
>> definitely an apt-get command and tons of up to date packages. I'm not
>> sure what you're reading, but you definitely have some misinformation
>> there.
>>
>> On 03/05/16 05:26, mattias jonsson wrote:
>>> hm? no apt in vinux?
>>>
>>> vinux are built on ubuntu..

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail