more drivers in testing?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat May 7 11:46:47 UTC 2016

For some reason, it won't quote your message. Please put your signature at
the bottom and not at the top.

You didn't tell us what wireless card you have, so it's hard to guess. If
there is a kernel driver for it, you don't need to upgrade to testing. You
can download and manually install any Debian kernel package unless it's
really old. You might run into issues with udev and initramfs though. If
your firmware is non-free as it most likely is, yes, testing is probably
better and easier. I would make a full backup and try just upgrading your
kernel to testing and see what happens. You probably want to upgrade these
packages as well:

linux-firmware
linux-firmware-nonfree

just in case. If it helps, you can get my 4.3.3 kernel packages for x86-64,
but not for i386 which hack around the broken Speakup serial support:

http://classicradio.us/kernel-amd64/