help with script for wifi

Joel Roth joelz at pobox.com
Mon May 9 00:40:06 UTC 2016

Hi K,

"route -n" will show you your routing information.

"iw list" will show you your wireless devices.

ifconfig eth0
ifconfig wlan0

will show you the status of your network devices.

Except that you may have to change 'eth0' 'wlan0' to other
values, depending if your OS assigns devices to eth1, eth2,
wlan1, wlan2, etc.

best,

Joel

Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
> Hi.
> before I buy a dongle I'm thinking about trying testing.
> I searched in testing and found out that that the atheros package
> included in testing is needed.
> it is a non-free firmware.
> is this worth trying out?
> how do I know if I am connected to internet if I try this out:+
> I'm thinking about beginning with ethernet, and wifi after that.
> as it is now either ethernet or wifi are working.
> the firmware thing is a kernel package.
> /kristoffer

> > --
> > Kristoffer Gustafsson
> > Salängsgatan 7a
> > tel:033-12 60 93
> > mobil: 0730-500934
> > Hi.
> > I've got the url for the information about wifi on the msi computer.
> > could you help me to make a script for this?
> > I've read about scripts, but it is so maný paths, so I'm afraid to
> > break something.
> > when in Linux I can't read this very well with screen reader.
> > /Kristoffer
> >

> --
> Kristoffer Gustafsson
> Salängsgatan 7a