console speech

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue May 31 13:28:08 UTC 2016

Even though speakup doesn't support USB synths, you can identify
hardware synths via the USB subsystem and load the appropriate speakup
serial port driver. I have a udev rules file that could identify 2 or 3
different hardware synths and worked with debian squeeze. I don't think
I ever tried it under wheezy. I've switched to ubuntu and have not tried
it at all with systemd udev. I had an idea of trying to get as many
people as possible to send me USB identity strings so I could add more
and more rules.

John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; sip://jheim@sip.linphone.org