A new tts on Linux

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 03:32:11 UTC 2016

To be brutally honest, I think some of the Flite/Mimic voices sound much
much better in English. Even Espeak, though not a "natural" voice,
definitely sounds less, um, like it's got something firmly entrenched in
its cheak or something, and it even has somewhat better inflection with
the right settings, and even the default inflection isn't so bad,
meaning it doesn't hit unusually high notes at the wrong times as this
demo voice is doing. Perhaps this proprietary voice is good in French,
but there's no way I would pay anything close to the asking price for
the English variant, especially since I wouldn't even be paying for a
recognized free open source license.
Sent from time