Fwd: Re: A new tts on Linux

Devin Prater r.d.t.prater at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 19:59:32 UTC 2016

as far as I know, Speechd-el hasn't been updated in years. I've used
Speechd-el, and it reminds me more of Narrator as compared to NVDA,
being Emacspeak. Sure it might could be made to act more like Emacspeak,
but users generally don't want to spend that much time adding sound
icons, setting them to trigger on certain events, all that.