iPhone Debate.

Jeffery Mewtamer mewtamer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 23:58:00 UTC 2016

Back when I used an Android device, I don't remember much pressure to
use Google services, but that was back in the Android 2.3 days, so
it's entirely possible Google has gotten pushier since then.

Closest things to a Smartphone I have these days are a Raspberry
Pi(running Rasbian, giving me the freedom of Linux) and a Blaze ET,
which I think might be running a custom Android and doesn't really
have much beyond Text-to-speech of eBooks and media playback going for
it, but does those really well(Plays most audio and video formats(MKV
being the most notable exclusion) and reads most text formats(Kindle
being the most notable exclusion) all in a smartphone-like form
factor, a fully voiced interface with physical buttons and a
full-sized SD slot.

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.
Former Secretary, Student Government Association, College of the Albemarle.