iPhone Debate.

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Nov 14 16:07:59 UTC 2016

I think you should give touch screens another try. If it was me, I'd be
afraid of ending up like some old grandad who doesn't know how to use a
keyboard. You can't stop the relentless march of technology.

Smart phones themselves have been a huge boon for blind people but I am
not so sure about touch screens. Just having a GPS in your pocket is
enough of a benefit to make the smart phone a huge boon. There are
pluses and minuses to touch screens though.
voices it's directions.  Even the most inaccessible app at least does that.

John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; sip://jheim@sip.linphone.org