Emacspeak and eSpeak

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Oct 5 13:10:21 UTC 2016

Understand, I don't operate in a multilingual environment.  That out of
the way, a DTK_PROG variable needs proper setting in a .bashrc file and
a line needs to be put near the top of an .emacs file to get emacspeak
working.  To run emacspeak once all of this gets done, you'll just run
emacs.  You may want to adjust sound themes for emacspeak too but this
is a post-install project.  The line to put into .emacs will be found in
the emacspeak info manual in the installation section.  The only thing
you may need to modify in that line could be the path to your emacspeak
executable.  Multilingual support for emacspeak could get fiddly I don't
know since I've never tried that.