Emacspeak and eSpeak

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Wed Oct 5 13:21:12 UTC 2016

Devin Prater <r.d.t.prater at gmail.com> writes:

> Espeak support is "unmaintained", so it could break with any new
> release of eSpeak that may come along. There is an Eflite server, if
> you can get it working, that links flite with Emacspeak.

Well, there hasn't been a backward-incompatible change to espeak in many
years, as far as I know.  And if such a backward-incompatible change
were to happen, some of us have a vested interest in guaranteeing that
the espeak server still works.  One of those is me.  I use it every
day.  I'm using it while I write this message.
I know C and I know the espeak API.

-- Chris