portaudio in arch

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Thu Oct 6 20:38:19 UTC 2016

Luke Yelavich <themuso at ubuntu.com> writes:

> You can go onto the package page for portaudio in arch and if the fix is in a
> new upstream release, you can flag the package as out of date. Otherwise,
> file a bug and suggest they apply the relevant patch.

Pretty much.
There's no reliable way to know who the maintainer of a package is in
Arch, and you're really not supposed to email them with this sort of
thing anyway.  As Luke said, just open a bug.  An appropriate title
would be "lockups in Portaudio after upgrading to alsa-lib 1.1.2".  Then
include links to the discussion on the Portaudio list [1], along with the
patch [2].
The bug is fixed in the current release candidate.  Hopefully that will
become an actual release soon.  I'm sure that as soon as there's a
release, someone will flag it out of date and the new version
will make it to Arch in short order.

[1] discussion of the bug:
https://lists.columbia.edu/pipermail/portaudio/2016-August/000599.html
[2] patch to fix it: