portaudio in arch

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Sun Oct 9 01:05:09 UTC 2016

Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> writes:

> Depending on whether or not the package is installed on your Arch, one
> of the following two commands:
>
> sudo pacman -Si portaudio
>
> sudo pacman -Qi portaudio

Janina,
The packager info you get from pacman is just the name and address of
the person who last built the package.  They may or may not be the
maintainer.  When I was a TU, I built plenty of packages that had a
maintainer other than me.  You cannot even rely on the
# Maintainer:
comment in the PKGBUILD files from the Arch Build System.  Running
grep 'Brannon' /var/abs/community/*
will turn up several packages that still have me listed as the
maintainer, even though I haven't been a TU for several years.
So to make a long story short, trying to figure out who maintains a
package on Arch is nigh impossible, and the recommended way of reporting
issues is the bugtracker.

-- Chris