How do I speed up eSpeak?

Alonzo Cuellar mariachiac at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 21:16:22 UTC 2016

Hi Amanda
Depending if your using espeak-ng or espeak you should edit the files
accordingly
/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak.conf
or
/etc/speech-dipatcher/espeak-ng.conf
Look for this line in either of the files
# Maximum rate (100 in speech-dispatcher)
Below that line you will find
EspeakMaxRate 500
As you can see mine is set to 500. Therefore that is how fast espeak
will go when Orca is set to 100%. You can change it to what ever you'd
like. I think the default is 390.

Have a grate day,
Alonzo