Cannot Run Lang=Date?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Oct 27 12:35:57 UTC 2016

That sounds like a locale issue. Have you upgraded your locales or trn4
packages recently? I've not seen this specific error, but I've seen similar
errors when locale settings are missing. Try this and see what happens:

lang=C trn

If the error doesn't go away and you've upgraded trn4 recently, it's
probably a bug and should be fixed. If you're compiling from source, the
above probably isn't it, in which case I would see if locales is installed.
If so, purge and reinstall. If not, try installing it, but it probably won't
matter. It could also be an odd translation issue, in which case it's almost
certainly a bug in trn4, again especially if you're compiling from source or
if you've recently upgraded.