Greetings

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Sep 12 12:14:28 UTC 2016

Hi, Chuck:

Good to see you on the Orca list.

A comment on your post ...

I can see no reason to dual boot for GNOME and Orca. That's just
unnecessary. If, just for argument's sake, you muck up your running
graphical environment, you can simply Ctrl+Alt out to a root console
where you have Speakup and kill the offending pids. Usually, though not
always, you can also simply restart things. I'd wager there's not one
single person that dual boots Arch just for the gui.

And, if there is reason to keep any environment, including a gui
environment, as a separate machine, the better answer is to run it in a
virtual machine--a vm. The choice for that is Virtual Box.

Janina