VirtualBox

Paul Merrell marbux at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 19:58:00 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Fernando Botelho
<Fernando.Botelho at f123.org> wrote:

> I do have a simple question:
>
> When I last tried to get my non-technical spouse to use VirtualBox,
> something that was very annoying to her, was the keyboard capture shortcuts.
>
> Now, if I have two consoles, one with command line or even Mate, and the
> second with VirtualBox running Mate and Firefox, can I Control+Alt into the
> VirtualBox one and start using it normally?  Or will there be a process of
> keyboard capture before one can use it?

I'm a little rusty; I haven't used Virtual Box for a few months. But
there are different modes of use for Virtual Box. One makes both the
host and guest operating systems available at once and it's a single
keyboard shortcut to switch back and forth. (Right-Ctrl+some other
key). In that mode, the task bars for both operating systems will both
be visible at the bottom of the screen and you can also switch between
them by single clicking on the task bar of the OS you want to use.

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]