VirtualBox

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Sep 14 14:12:15 UTC 2016

Hi, Fernando:

Thank you for the very kind review of my posts. Regretably, I can't live
up to that standard this time around, because I'm very much a VirtualBox
newbie myself, and unlikely to seriously roll up my sleeves for a couple
more months with the product.

To date my experience with vms has been some text consoles running
another release of Linux in a kvm. On the gui side it's all been VMware
on a Mac. I'm sufficiently disappointed with my Mac experience to want
to move on from that environment. I do need to host a foreign OS, namely
Windows 10, and VirtualBox seems the correct way to go about that on
Linux when one is constrained by accessibility concerns. However, my
experience to date with VirtualBox is very limited. I'm very much the
student in this particular computer lab.

So, I'm also eager to see what others say on the topic here.

Janina