Speakup and backups

Fernando Botelho Fernando.Botelho at F123.org
Fri Sep 16 16:27:05 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I must be getting old, because I have become backup-obssessed.

In addition to a backup of my home folder, I would like to use the ARCH
pacman off-line alternate process, where one keeps a list of packages
and the actual packages on disk, just in case Internet access is not
available or is too slow.

In that context, do Kernel changes like Speakup appear in the list of
installed packages?  I imagine not, is this correct?

Also, what is the best source of instructions on how to install Speakup?

Thanks,

Fernando