Nevermind.

Jeffery Mewtamer mewtamer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:16:28 UTC 2016

I've never used Cygwin and I haven't used Windows since the XP days,
but I've gotten the impression that screwing things up with every
update is pretty much standard operating practice for Microsoft.
Still, congrats on finding a fix, though I'll admit I couldn't imagine
being productive on a machine without key echo(I find not being able
to hear what I type when entering passwords far more unsettling than I
ever found not being able to see them back when I counted myself among
the sighted).

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.
Former Secretary, Student Government Association, College of the Albemarle.