braille access in ubuntu

Brian Tew montanalag at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 15:54:25 UTC 2016

The problem I am having occurs when I try to chat at anything approaching normal speed.
As each message arrives the screen jumps and the focus of my braille display changes.
Unless There is a long gap between each message I cannot finish reading one message before the dispay focus changes.
What I need is some sort of buffer where the focus of the braille display is not controlled by anything but my commands.
Do you have any idea how this could be done?
Thanks.

On Sep 29, 2016, at 4:27 AM, Alex ARNAUD <alexarnaud at member.fsf.org> wrote:

Le 29/09/2016 à 00:10, Brian Tew a écrit :
> Besides brltty are there any other programs I might use for braille access to ubuntu?
> Using a braille sense u2.
> Thanks.
Dear Mr Tew,

BRLTTY and xbrlapi should be sufficient for using your braille display with Orca.

Best regards.

--
Alex ARNAUD