braille access in ubuntu

Brian Tew montanalag at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 18:28:40 UTC 2016

Well I should have said I am all command-line. Don't use orca as far as I know.
But this may be worth investigation, thanks.
Having my reading linked to a screen is just a problem for me.
I just need a buffer with my reading totally unconnected to any input.
I need a system designed for braille users and not for people watching a screen.

On Sep 29, 2016, at 11:40 AM, Alex ARNAUD <alexarnaud at member.fsf.org> wrote:

Le 29/09/2016 à 17:54, Brian Tew a écrit :
> The problem I am having occurs when I try to chat at anything approaching normal speed.
> As each message arrives the screen jumps and the focus of my braille display changes.
> Unless There is a long gap between each message I cannot finish reading one message before the dispay focus changes.
> What I need is some sort of buffer where the focus of the braille display is not controlled by anything but my commands.
> Do you have any idea how this could be done?

I am not a regular braille user but Orca provides a parameter to define the number of seconds you want to see a message, by default the value is 5 secs.
To change this parameter, open orca settings and go to the braille tab.

Best regards.

--
Alex ARNAUD