Setting up a headless Debian box

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Apr 14 16:57:57 UTC 2017

Are you asking if you can disconnect the keyboard and monitor after
you've finished the install? If so, absolutely. This is a fairly common
thing in the server world.  Just yesterday I did a debian install with
just a keyboard and braille display attached. Worked great.

There are several ways to do an install without ever attaching a
keyboard. They are non-trivial though. I'll explain how I do it if
that's what you want to know.