Setting up a headless Debian box

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Fri Apr 14 19:31:18 UTC 2017

Confirming what Henry penned.  Sometimes the BIOS will pause and wait
for you at attach a keyboard and press a key before continuing to
boot.  Sometimes, the BIOS will give you an option to boot anyways.

So if either (1) your BIOS doesn't care if your keyboard is attached,
or (2) your BIOS can care, but is set to ignore it during boot, then
you should be good to go.

If you do have an unfortunate BIOS that require a keyboard and
doesn't let you disable that check, you might have to plug in a
keyboard during boot, which you can then remove after its presence
has made the BIOS happy.

However, once the BIOS has handed off control to Linux, in Henry's
wise words, "Linux does not care". (smile)

-tim