spammers on this list

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Apr 18 16:32:51 UTC 2017

I don't know, it seems pretty clear to me that there is a bot on this
list automatically responding to messages posted to the list. Like I
said, the hard part might be figuring which email address it is. But it
might be as easy as banning amy.kristen7931 at josona.bid. We have no way
of knowing whether it would be that easy since you can't get a
subscriber list unless you are the list owner.

Well, there certainly has not been a groundswell of support for me to
create an alternate list on iavit.org. I suppose I could just create the
list and see what happens. I think part of my problem with this spam is
that as a matter of principle, I think the owner of a list should take
his responsibility more seriously. That kind of thing probably bothers
me more than it should. I am one of those guys who pays all the taxes he
owes even if he knows he could get away with paying less. I am getting
more and more irritated with Red Hat every day.