Blind vs. mainstream distros

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Apr 24 09:18:32 UTC 2017

You're replying to me. I'm Tony Baechler.

On 4/23/2017 10:38 AM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> I'm not sure who I'm replying to, but I just have a few points. Vinux 4 and
> Vinux 5 were based on Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 14.04 respectively, which I
> think were the high points in Ubuntu accessibility, but maybe that's just
> with Unity.

I don't use anything other than MATE so I can't comment. I don't remember
what Vinux I tried, but I think it was 3 or 4.

> I've never had a problem with the Vinux installer crashing in a stable
> version of vinux, and I've installed all vinuxes going back to Vinux 3 and
> maybe even Vinux 2. I also don't find the Vinux installer to be particularly
> unfriendly. It gets a bit complicated if you have to go into GPartEd, but
> I'm not sure how much simpler you can make repartitioning your hard drive.

All I know is I ran remastersys (now dead) and it crashed. I never actually
installed it, but I got complaints that it was hard to use. They probably
fixed this in version 5.

> I'll go ahead and move my signature above the quoted text.

Well, your signature got lost.