Blind vs. mainstream distros

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Apr 24 09:56:46 UTC 2017

I'm Tony Baechler. I have a really dumb question.

On 4/23/2017 3:14 PM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> Ubuntu is based off of Debian, but Fedora is not a derivative of another
> Linux distribution and has a more direct relationship with many upstream
> projects by using newer versions of their software.

OK, why not build off of Gentoo or Arch? Both of those fall into the same
category. In theory, you could set up a container or virtual machine,
install the desktop components, make it talk, publish it as an .iso and
that's it. There are lots of easy GUI installers for installation to the
hard drive. You could push out updates as often as you want. Since the end
users are running Arch or Gentoo already, they could get timely security
fixes. Just modify Talking Arch and put a desktop on top of it.