Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Apr 24 11:33:31 UTC 2017

I'm Tony Baechler. Umm, Kyle, no. Anyone can host any project without caring
about accessibility. As you surely know, anyone can dump files on a public
server and anyone can host a git repo. No, RH doesn't host Orca. The Gnome
Foundation (gnome.org) hosts Orca. Their server is in Sweden. Joanie doesn't
work for RH. She works for a totally unrelated company, the name of which
escapes me. I have no idea how much work they put into their installer, but
I would say too little, too late. You didn't address the broken Speakup
kernel. Ubuntu doesn't have console speech working out of the box either,
(one can set it up within a terminal app) but at least the Speakup modules work.

I don't blame RH for the state of the list or the spam. I blame them for
their business decisions which seem to preclude accessibility and generally
looking (pun intended) the other way when approached over the years. I do
think it would be a very good idea to get this list off of their
infrastructure. As I posted elsewhere, I'm not sure that fsf.org or gnu.org
are good choices.