Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Apr 24 12:04:12 UTC 2017

Le 24/04/2017 à 02:29, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
> *Does quick test* At least on my system, using ctrl+left square
> bracket to go back a page in Firefox puts focus on the link that took
> me forward, though I'll admit behavior isn't always consistent.
>
> As for key bindings, I'm not sure a unified default would have much
> benefit to the average user. Might make transitioning from Windows to
> Linux easier, but the specific combination of applications the user
> uses is likely to be a much more important factor regardless, and
> changing the default of one program to match another could trip up
> users used to the old default.

It's my experience anyway. Users are much more opened to switch is they
don't have to learn everything.

> Personally, I'm in favor of customizable keybindings, ideally using a
> plain-text config file that is human readable(making customization
> easy for CLI junkies), an accessible gui for editing the
> keybindings(to make customization easy for those who prefer GUIs), and
> a trivial means of restoring the defaults(to make life easier for
> those who screwed up trying to customize).

Yes, sure.

--
Logo Hypra
Photo Jean-Philippe MENGUAL *JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL**
courieljpmengual at hypra.fr
site webwww.hypra.fr
Facebook Hypra <https://www.facebook.com/hyprasoftware/>Twitter Hypra
<https://twitter.com/Hypra_>Linkedin