blinux list Re: Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Apr 24 15:13:33 UTC 2017

It's not true that Red Hat did what they could do as quickly as they
could do it. The spam problem went on for months before some of us
finally started to make an issue of it. Even then it tooke a couple of
weeks before anything was done. Secondly, they should have removed the
spammer from the list instead of changing the list settings.  I got all
kinds of pushback on my assertion that it was clearly a spam bot
subscribed to the list. But, of course, that's been proven to have been
true. I am sure now I'll get pushback on my assertion that you can
figure out who the spammer was. Heck, it might be as easy as checking
the list of subscribers.

Like I said when this first came up, I vote for taking it to iavit.org.
I feel we all have a vested interested in promoting IAVIT. I am the
Presidet of IAVIT but I'm just trying to provide a service for the blind
community as a whole.

-- John Heim