Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Apr 24 18:23:46 UTC 2017

Regardless of the method used, I'm not sure boot messages are all that
important to the average user or even the average power user. The
functionality might be useful to some sysadmins, but I'm not convinced
the convenience kernel integration provides to these few is worth the
extra hassle involved in maintaining these and keeping software
upgrades easy for those who hear kernel and think popcorn.

Granted, I'm a bit turned off by Fenrir's dependance on python, and
most of the technical issues here are way above my weight class, but
at the moment, it's sounding like userland has more net pros than
kernel integration when it comes to terminal screen reading.

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.
Former Secretary, Student Government Association, College of the Albemarle.