Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 00:06:31 UTC 2017

Windows users have had to learn and relearn basic functionality of their
own precious OS for years now, as Microsoft itself periodically changes
the way things work just for the sake of making a change. I see nothing
new here, except that the benefits of Linux far outweigh any changes in
key combinations in the screen reader. Just think of the poor Windows
user who got an upgrade and lost the whole start menu. Is this not a
major change? But they went right along with it, because they had no
other choice. Now imagine instead having the ability to use more logical
mnemonics to operate your screen reader, everything from telling the
time to listing links in a far more logical and intuitive set of
keybindings. Now imagine if you don't like the keybindings, being given
the opportunity to change every single one until it suits your personal
tastes. Then tell me that Orca somehow does things in a less logical way
than NVDA , or heaven forbid, Jaws, the cream of the crap when it comes
to any screen reader, and that orca somehow must change everything it
does and the way it does it simply to comply with some whim that the
likes of Freedom Scientific arbitrarily forced upon its users, and
everyone else in the wonderful world of Windows decided they just had to
follow like good little sheep.
~Kyle