Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 01:36:01 UTC 2017

I don't think nerds or blind nerds are unique in this sense at all. In
fact, since the blind suffer so much from prejudice, I'm always
surprised by how prejudiced the blind themselves can be about the blind,
although I shouldn't be, since I think that's just human nature. Anyone
who thinks the blind are somehow worse then the general population in
this sense don't follow the political parties in the US, read reviews on
Amazon or follow comments on Facebook or the news sites.

Finally just because one screen reader uses F12 to tell the time doesn't
make it a standard.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail

On 24/04/17 09:32, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Again, a little give can
> sometimes be a very good thing. Honestly, nerds all seem to have this
> thing where they think their way is the best way. This is how distro
> religious wars start. But of all the community of nerds I am associated
> with, blind nerds are the worst. There is absolutely no compromise, no
> willingness to work together, nothing! In fact, it's ubiquitous in the
> blind community. We even have 2 different advocacy groups, the NFB and
> the ACB.  And the health of the blind community as a whole can just go
> to heck for all anyone cares. Drives me crazy. The reason why F12 should
> give you the time is that that the standard. Because people expect F12
> to give them the time. It's that simple.
>

> On 04/24/2017 01:11 AM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
>> Why do I want insert+f12 to tell me the time when insert+t, (t for
>> time), can do that for me just fine and more intuitively? How is f12
>> better than t, which stands for time? No, that's simply not a logical
>> keybinding, and I don't want it in Orca. BTDubs, holding in the insert
>> Orca key and double tapping t for time does tell me the date. So again
>> I ask what the hell does f12 mean and why is it needed to do the same
>> thing that t already does?
>> ~Kyle

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail