document conversion utilities was Re: the Sonar thread

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 05:20:48 UTC 2017

No, I am not saying you should use the gui part of calibre.
When you install calibre, a number of command line tools are installed.
So you go to a terminal, either in the GUI or at the console using e.g.
Speakup, and run a command like:
ebook-convert  animal_farm.epub test.txt
which converts the epub into plain text.
It can convert between a lot of formats this way.
Regards, Willem