OT: ACB & NFB (was: Sonar)

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 17:09:49 UTC 2017

For what it's worth, I'm all for abolishing currency and avoided cash
transactions as much as possible even before I went blind(and I think
it criminal that credit card companies are allowed to charge merchants
for the privilege of accepting payment with their cards). That said,
that US nickels, dimes, quarters, and pennies are easily distinguished
by touch is the only good thing I can say about their design(bad
things include the smallest coin having the second highest value and
pennies being worth more as scrap metal than money), and I think Euro
Bank Notes have the right idea if we're going to keep such relics
around with each note being a distinct size and color.

Still, that sounds like some Republicrat level bickering between the
NFB and ACB if I'm reading that correctly(the gist I'm getting is
they're only against the proposal because they didn't propose it).

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.
Former Secretary, Student Government Association, College of the Albemarle.