OT: ACB & NFB

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 22:47:26 UTC 2017

According to Jeffery Wright:
they're only against the proposal because they didn't propose it)
Having been a member of the ACB and also attended NFB meetings in the
past, this is the attitude I've seen on both sides. The NFB does seem to
make their positions that match that philosophy more public, but both
organizations are guilty of having such attitudes. One example is a rule
on my state's level that I vehemently opposed, but was the only one to
do so, that prevents members of the ACB who are also on even local
chapter boards in the NFB from serving on any board in the ACB in our
state. I'm not sure whether or not this has gone up to the national
level, but it is a perfect example of how they are only an organization
that wants to be different from the other, rather than the advocacy
organization they claim to be.
~Kyle