Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 01:09:07 UTC 2017

Nobody said anything about all blind people agreeing about anything. The
issue is whether we are hurting ourselves with our inability to
cooperate. Even if you don't believe that the infighting in the blind
community is worse than it is in the general public, that's no reason to
just accept the status quo. But think about curb cuts. Over the last 20
or 25 years, pretty much every curb in the country has been rebuilt to
allow wheelchair access. Every building has to have acccessible
bathrooms when it's remodeled. Stadiums, office buildings, classroom
buildings have all been rebuilt to allow wheelchair access. And it is
now just considered part of the cost of doing business in this country.
How did they do it? How did partially paralysed people get those things
done? They don't fight among themselves like we do.

-- John Heim