Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 10:32:41 UTC 2017

Tony Baechler here.

Thanks for the Fenrir link. I'll go get it. I've looked at the SBL source,
or what I could find of it. No, it doesn't need a kernel module. The problem
is it's tied into Knoppix, so I think would be difficult to package. It's
mostly bash scripts which I guess are a talking menu system. I didn't see a
way to actually compile an executable, but I'm sure I wasn't finding the
full sources even though I looked. It is or was somewhere on knoppix.org. I
think it hasn't been maintained for a long time. If I recall correctly, the
source was several years old. If it's in opensuse as you say, you should be
able to get and extract the RPM package. If you find it and get it working,
I would be interested.

On 4/24/2017 6:05 AM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> I haven't ever found the SBL source code, although I did want to try to
> package it for Arch at one point. That said, I'm not sure whether or not
> anyone is even still maintaining it now, and not having seen the source or
> the package dependencies, I'm not entirely sure it doesn't rely on a kernel
> module of its own. I do know that Fenrir has no such requirement at all, and
> the source is on Github.
> https://github.com/chrys87/fenrir
> At this point, it can run on any Linux distro, although Debian and Ubuntu
> LTS may have trouble with the newer python-evdev required in order to run
> it. But that's easily fixed with pip.
> ~Kyle

James 5:16 Confess therefore your sins one to another, and pray one for
another, that ye may be healed. The supplication of a righteous   man
availeth much in its working. (ASV)