Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 09:22:14 UTC 2017

So, if Debian is all we have, pretty much, who cares about
	accessibility, what is there for those who want a clean, but
	up-to-date system other than Arch? As a user, of Emacs with
	Emacspeak and Voxin mostly, I find Arch stable enough to
	basically do a job. I "work" 3 hours a day with teaching clients
	Assistive technology, with Emacs, atop Arch. Which reminds me, I
	should set up an Outlook rule which forwards all incoming email
	from that darn exchange server to my gmail address... Anyways,
	I’m just a user speaking, I do not yet know a programming
	language, besides a bit of lisp, how to successfully print in
	Python, and a few HTML rules, enough to know that when I htmlize
	some Org markup, it’ll look okay on Outlook in HTML message
	mode. All this to say, I want up to date packages. I /know/
	there will be bugs. There /always/ is bugs in any system. iOS’s
	Braille input is sluggish, probably a memory leak, Android’s
	Braille support just plain stinks, like Narrator on Win XP, and
	the Mate notification system repeats itself. So really, I’ll
	take a /few/ bugs for freedom and updated packages any day..
--
Sent from Discordia using Gnus for Emacs.
Email: r.d.t.prater at gmail.com
Long days and pleasant nights!