Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Apr 27 14:17:34 UTC 2017

Saying a serial console is not kernel dependent is inaccurate and
misleading. The part that displays the kernel boot messages is
absolutely kernel dependent. I think you mean that you can get messages
even earlier by, as a seperate step,  configuring a serial console in
the boot loader, right? And that is a good point. Although, you can also
configure those messages to go to a serial synth and hear them as well.
I don't know if that works with all serial synths but I know it works
with a doubletalk LT and a tripletalk.

-- John Heim