Re : Re: Blind vs. mainstream distros

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Apr 27 15:03:40 UTC 2017

Hi, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL here.

The problem, I think, is that any kind of install of operating system will no fit most users who just want to consume computing. And the problem is double:
1. Pre-installed Linux computers are rarely new, but often kept from companies and repackaged, and sold low-cost
2. Such initiaitves are just done by volunteers and when they get tired, the initiative disappears

That is why I think we should have pre-installed Linux computers, new, but to a typical Mac price. It provides a as easy to handle as Windows computers, it enables the shop to live, and it is more sustainable.

But the people illing Linux want free today or low-cost, I think it is a thing we should think of.

regars

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL

HYPRA, progressons ensemble

Tél.: 01 84 73 06 61