Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 09:44:16 UTC 2017

Tony Baechler here.

First, regarding SBL, yes, the .de email would be correct. Here is a generic
command to figure out which binaries a Debian (.deb) package installs:

dpkg -L sbl | grep bin

Regarding boot messages, I usually don't want to hear them either. I silence
Speakup as soon as it starts talking and play a beep at the login prompt.
However, when something goes wrong, it helps to know what happened. If I
wait a while and don't hear the beep, I know something happened. It's like
insurance. Hopefully you won't need it, but it's good to have it. Yes, you
can use dmesg to hear boot messages from the console, but if the machine
won't boot, that doesn't help.