Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 11:14:18 UTC 2017

Tony Baechler here.

You're right. I hadn't thought of that. My ancient DECtalk Express doesn't
do Unicode. Windows screen readers do Unicode. Even Android does Unicode. I
would think there might be a way to borrow from Google. They developed a
screen reader for Android which is based on Linux. Oh yes, they would
definitely notice if Unicode is missing. I don't really see them using
emacs. There are lots of other practical reasons to support Unicode, even
though I don't like it. I agree that Speech Dispatcher is probably the
better place to start. That not only gives Orca Unicode support but Speakup
and anything else which uses it.