Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Apr 29 11:04:56 UTC 2017

Tony Baechler here.

On 4/28/2017 6:42 AM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> @Tony: Maybe I've just been lucky, but in my experience, most sighted
> people on the Internet are more than willing to try and explain
> graphical content to me if I ask nicely. Granted, I also avoid places
> like Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr like the plague and have done so
> since before I went blind as they seem to attract the dregs of human
> culture.

Well, to each his own I guess. I personally don't like social media and
avoided it for years. However, that's where teens hang out. If you want to
attract them to Linux, you have to go to them. One of the nicest people I
ran into was on Facebook. They don't do email anymore. I've found ways to
text in an accessible way (I'm the only one without a smartphone). As I've
said before, I especially don't like tumblr, but that and snapchat seem to
be where they hang out. I'm sure blind teens hang out in other places since
tumblr is especially inaccessible, but I don't know where and haven't looked
too much. I leave that to others who are younger and more experienced.