Fenrir

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Apr 30 10:00:40 UTC 2017

Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com> writes:

> I'm not running
> systemd and I won't install it here. I don't think that's the problem
> as the install.sh script ran fine
*SNIP*
> dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner: Could not get owner of name
> 'org.freedesktop.login1': no such name

Chris Brannon here.
I think org.freedesktop.login1 is only provided by logind from systemd.
There's a standalone logind fork called elogind, at
<https://github.com/elogind/elogind>.
I also do not run systemd.  But I don't really have much experience with
elogind, either.

So anyway, looks like Fenrir has a pretty hard dependency on something
that provides org.freedesktop.login1, be it systemd's logind or elogind.

-- Chris