Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Apr 30 11:23:20 UTC 2017

Tony Baechler here.

On 4/29/2017 3:26 PM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> Having thought about this though, it may be worth putting together a special
> build of speech-dispatcher that is usable in an initramfs. I may end up doing
> this anyway just for kicks.

If you do, I would be interested in testing it. I thought of another problem
though. What about unmuting the sound? I'm using the snd_emu10k1 module.
Without poking at amixer, I get no sound. That means some ALSA components
would also have to be included. If you can give instructions to build a
custom initrd with your build of SD and anything else necessary, I would be
happy to try it and report my results.