bats rescue disk

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Aug 2 12:40:39 UTC 2017

This is Tony Baechler. Please write off list about the BATS live / rescue
CD. I know wireless networking is a problem and I really need help fixing
it. I don't have wireless here. I installed all of the non-free firmware I
knew about but I guess I missed something. I had surgery and will shortly be
starting the evaluation for a kidney transplant (stage 4 kidney failure) so
I have very little time, but I'm interested in feedback. I'm in the process
of turning it over to someone else, but I still have the chroot here. Please
email bats at batsupport dot com. Thanks!

Also, due to the above lack of time, I'm leaving the blinux list. If you
need me, write to the above address. If you want to work on it, take it over
or test it, please let me know.

On 6/19/2017 8:26 PM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> The version I downloaded was up at the end of May 2017.
> I found most of it worked well except for networking.
> I got link not ready and after booting was not able to set up networking and
> go onto the internet.
> Why this surprised me is because the wifi adapter I use is a realtech 8127b
> wireless adapter and linux isn't supposed to have any problems with that
> hardware.
> The wifi networks here were found using wicd-cli and also using wicd-curses
> but I couldn't configure them.
> This disk has wcalc on it along with nethack so is a worthy rescue disk in
> those respects.

James 5:16 Confess therefore your sins one to another, and pray one for
another, that ye may be healed. The supplication of a righteous   man
availeth much in its working. (ASV)