Fenrir doesn't talk.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Aug 4 14:19:50 UTC 2017

Howdy,

and what do you get for
"Job for fenrir.service failed because the control process exited with
error code. See "systemctl status fenrir.service" and "journalctl -xe"
for details. "
systemctl status fenrir.service
and
journalctl -xe
i would need some details to help :).
you can also run fenrir in debug mode using
sudo fenrir -d
you can send me the debug (/var/log/fenrir.log) off list then to
chrys at linux-a11y.org
i want help but need some more information :).

//Just wondering if Fenrir works with any other better speech
what is a better speech?
fenrir (master) supports 3 different TTS backends
- espeak (directly, via python-espeak bindings)
- speech-dispatcher (with configurable speech module pico, espeak,
ibmtts, festival and anything else that is supported by speechd)
- generic speech driver (where you can use an configurable shell command
to produce speech)
Hardware syth support for dectalk/ double talk are planned but i dont
have that devices, so it will take some time here.

cheers chrys