Fenrir doesn't talk.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Aug 4 14:49:57 UTC 2017

Howdy,

//OK, thanks, running your debug command, says /usr/bin/fenrir not found
did you installed it or do you run the fenrir binary from the git tree?
if there is no /usr/bin/fenrir that means that fenrir is not installed
so it could not started via systemd. you will first be able to start
fenrir after installing it.
thats ok, you dont need to install it to try it out but as long as you
start it from the source tree you need to start
sudo src/fenrir/fenrir -d
inside of the git directory

yea IBMTTS is supported via speech-dispatcher backend.
that is what my girlfrind is using here :).