Spd.conf ruined my speech. Please help.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Aug 13 05:42:50 UTC 2017

Now this is interesting.  I did rm -fr ./config/pulse and then rebooted
the system to clear memory and played a webm file I have on vlc.
Afterwards no change to speech happened at all.  So it is possible what
configure-pulse is writing is causing problems.  This is a current
version of archlinux specifically talking arch with all software updated
on an x86_64 machine where all of this happened.