getting started with debian, suggestions anyone?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Aug 14 17:41:08 UTC 2017

    Hi all,

I'm looking to get started seriously in debian, although I appear to be
having several problems. First off, my initial hope was to be able to
work exclusivly in the commandline with espeakup, which I understand
should be installed by default when using the accessable installer from
the netinstall. However, after going through the installation, selecting
standard system utilities, ssh server and web server I don't appear to
have speech. I do, however have the console beap after logging in which
suggests to me that the installation was succesfull. I'm half tempted to
scrap this current instance and reinstall, but my question is do any of
you have any combinations from that main installation screen that you
would suggest using?

Thanks much for any help with this.

Cheers,

Daniel